A lot of vitamins are lost cooking it this way and the rice needs to be watched closely so that it does not burn.
Here are the methods described on the Tastic rice wrapper
Follow the recommended cookinq method for perfect rice every time:
- 250 ml Tastic Rice, uncooked 1 cup)
- 625 ml Water (2 1/2 cups)
- 3-5 ml Salt (1/2 -1 tsp)
- • Place the Tastic Rice, water and salt in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- • Cover with lid and reduce heat.
- • Allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes until the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender, separate, fluffy and white
- • Place Tastic Rice, water and salt in a microwaveable dish.
- • Microwave on a medium/high setting for 20 - 25 minutes.
- • Remove from the microwave and allow to stand until all the water has been absorbed.
FOR SOFTER OR FIRMER RICE
- • For SOFTER rice, increase water by 125 ml (1/2 cup) and simmer for an additional five minutes.
- • For FIRMER rice, use less water and simmer for a shorter time.