CHRISTINE’S BANANA BREAD
Oops, we enjoyed the bread so much, we nearly forgot to photograph it.
- 75 ml/50 gr Butter
- 150 ml Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 450 ml Flour
- 10 ml Baking Powder
- 1 ml Bicarb
- 1 ml Salt
- 250 ml Mashed Banana +/- 4 Bananas
- 5 ml Vanilla Essence
- 125 ml Coarsely Chopped Nuts (Optional)
- Cream butter & sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Sift together the dry ingredients & stir it alternately with the mashed banana into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the vanilla essence
- Bake for 1 hour in a medium oven @ 180 C.
- Allow to cool & store in an airtight tin.
- The bread is at its best after third day.
Here are links to other Internet kitchens for similar recipes
- The Huletts Kitchen has lots of cakes, cookies and sweet things on their website, including
- They also have recipes for sweet-toothed diabetics and slimmers.
- Simply Recipe Kitchen has a nice banana bread recipe as well as a recipe for Banana-nut Muffins
Last but not least
- Here is Food Network's banana bread recipe
Not satisfied yet? Search Google for more ideas