Wednesday, December 24, 2008

All about Cooking with Turkey

Since I do not believe in trying to re-invent the wheel, I decided to just post links to how to cook the turkey.

Here in South Africa we never used to cooked turkey for Christmas in the old days. We used to eat meat during the week, because meat was cheap and chicken on Sundays and special occasions. The first time I got into the turkey for Christmas spirit, was when I lived in England in the seventies. We had turkey for Christmas and turkey and ham sandwiches until New Year.


That was then

This year I stuffed my turkey using (fried onion, chicken livers, bacon, salt to taste, mixed herbs and rice par boiled with canned tomatoes. I first cooked the rice with the canned tomatoes then I added the other ingredients prior to stuffing the bird.

It tasted quite nice)

Here are a few ways with Turkey.

Roast Turkey

Roast Turkey 2

Roasting a turkey 3

preparing a turkey in the webber

Roasting times for whole turkeys


Turkey Tips and Cooking Times


How to Cook A Thanksgiving Turkey On A Charcoal Grill

How to make the stuffing


Different ways to cook turkey



More Hints?


What to do with Turkey Leftovers


_________________

No comments: